Friday, April 27, 2007

Skiing in Gifu

My first skiing experience in Japan ...Wing Hills,Shiratori, Gifu prefecture....with my co-worker Yuko and her friends who are all professional skiers and snowboarders.... Hideya, Machie and Mika...










I had a difficult time with the slope....it was difficult to balance myself...





So I ended up falling soooo many times.........





I was so lucky coz Hideya was so patient with me...I felt bad coz he couldnt ski as much as he'd want to coz he was stuck with me.......he was very kind.he taught me the basics..but I guess skiing really needs a lot of practice.







Since I couldnt do the moves well, and it was very difficult for me to get up, I just sat for a long time watching people ski and snowboard.












I tried again......It took me about 15 mins to try to get up but I fell again after less than 5 seconds....this little boy was passing and was kind enough to give me back my bonnet....




And then I tried again.......

And I ended up like this.....



I couldnt get up anymore....and I think I badly hurt my knee (the same one injured from climbing Mount Fuji last summer) so Yuko and her friends called the emergency car to pick me up....

It was very difficult to walk back to the car but Yuko and her friends were very helpful. I had muscle pains for 3 days. Was difficult to walk and even get dressed. Im glad Gold and a lot of pain killers helped me get thru it.




People asked me If after this experience, Would I still want to try it again next winter.....My answer is YES. But I think I'd enroll in a Ski school first. Seriously.

No comments: