Friday, March 7, 2008

Why I Love My Friends

I went on a blind group date last Saturday, in Sakae, Nagoya. It's been awhile that Ive been on a group blind date. Since Yuko, my co worker, realized I was quite not myself after I got back from my holiday in the Philippines this year, she organized this date for us. Knowing me, of course, i told/emailed almost all my friends about it. Hahaha. And they were all excited for me. Hoping that i could finally meet my "prince" this time. i think they were actually more excited than me. haha. 2 days before, 1 day before and on the date itself.... these are what they did.

1. Farida mailed me to tell me I have to wear that pink stoned necklace she gave me for my birthday as a lucky charm! and since she's a die hard believer of Feng Shui, she insisted that i clean my house before i go on the date! for good vibes! Haha.

2. Kaori came over to tell me I should use the Lush body butter she gave me last year for luck and to smell irresistible.

3. Joyce called me to wish me luck and to tell to contain my excitement.

4. I got a call from a good friend in Europe to remind me to just be myself coz i tend to talk too much when i get too excited.hahaha.

5. Another Japanese friend came over to tell me to read the "love book" she gave me for Christmas to "set the mood".

6. My two Japanese bosses eagerly drove me to the station to make sure i won't be late for the date.

7. One of my adult students and some new friends here were mailing me a few hours before the date for encouragement and to cheer me!

8. Yuko asked me to send her a picture of what I'll wear so she can give comments about it. Then she boosted my confidence after she saw what i wore.

9. Gold and Ricky were so supportive. Again telling me to be myself and to just have fun regardless of whether I like my date/s or not.

10. Another friend texted to tell me it's okay to make the first move! Coz some men could be really shy. hahaha! sorry, Im not following this advice. Im sticking with my principles,baby. No first move coming from me. I always believe that WHEN MEN WANT YOU,THEY DO THE WORK.IT SOUNDS OLD SCHOOL, BUT WHEN MEN LIKE WOMEN, THEY ASK THEM OUT. hahaha.

As expected, I got a lot of emails and text messages after my date. Everyone--friends, colleagues,neighbors,bosses,students....... from all over the world.....asking how the date went. hahaha.

The date was okay. it's too early to tell. i had fun! met a lot of interesting people. i didnt give my number to anyone. But 2 guys and some whom I quite fancied gave me their numbers. let's see.....

Im back in the game, baby. Hahaha.:)

No comments: