Sunday, October 28, 2007

Marathon,Dysmenorrhea,and Fever






I did it! I did it! I did it! Yey! I finished the Oogaki Marathon I joined today!

This marathon is the second marathon I joined this year but more than the first one(in April, Enakyo marathon), I had a more challenging experience. Again, my health was trying to stop me.

1.I had a bad cold since Thursday night.
2.I was overworked this past weeks because of our school's Halloween party and make up classes because Gold was in Osaka for her seminar so i had to do some extra classes and Kate is leaving for Australia, so again, extra classes.
3.I am very tired from my studying every night for the past 2 months.
4.That very painful day of the month came.

I had to work the whole day yesterday, Saturday, in Nagoya. This added to all the stress and fatigue I was feeling.

I tried to be in bed around 9 pm Saturday night but I had a difficult time sleeping.I was finally able to sleep around 10:30 only to be woken up at 1:30am because of terrible period pains. i couldnt sleep until 5 am. When i woke up at 7, i had fever and the pain was still there. But i had to get up and get ready to leave for Oogaki (1.5 hours away from where I live). Why? Because I asked for a sign from God.There was a typhoon on Saturday and it was raining the whole day. Before I slept at 5 am, I told God that If it still rains the next day,then i will not join the marathon.It was the same sign I asked when I was struggling to climb Mt. Fuji last year. As soon as I woke up, i opened my curtains and saw that the sun was shine brightly and beautifully outside. Fine. i'll join the marathon.

And I did! Im so happy! I didnt finish first, as I expected and i was dizzy the whole time, but I made it! I felt pain in my legs again,which surprised me because I havent felt that kind of pain in a long time.Again, just like in Ena Marathon, there were some members of the marathon's medical team who offered to give me a ride when they saw I was in pain.Again, i told them, I will finish the marathon. i dont care If Im last.I will finish it. they asked me several times If i was sure,I said "Yes,definitely".Then they shut up after I said,"If I do not finish this marathon, i cannot live with myself.Please, let me finish this."

And I did! Yey! Yey! God is great! He was with me the whole time!

Im so tired now.I will take a long bath, rest, and then sign up for my next marathon in Nagoya next month! I love my life! :)


Stretching... in Gifu Station, while waiting for my train to Oogaki.






a very tired and sick but happy me. In the train on my way home.

No comments: