Friday, April 4, 2008

Freedom from That Little Black Dress

Okay...I have to justify some of my shopping spree this week... I have this nice little black dress that i bought 12 years ago from Sari Sari. I wore it 2 times the last time being 10 years ago.. That was when i was at my thinnest. (If youre reading this, Iris, it was the black dress I wore at your 18th debut party). I really loved that dress. A lot of people told me how good I looked in that dress.

Anyway, I brought that dress here in Japan. Every year for the past 7 years, i tried to fit it. Every year. And every year, i was disappointed. This year, i tried it on every month, since January. The last time I tried it was last month, February. it was then that i realized...."why do i have to force myself to fit into this dress?". I can easily buy another dress. Or 5 other nice dresses. or 10. This dress doesnt fit anymore. It had its time. It was fun when i had it. Its part in the story is over. I have to accept that. I have to let go.

That's why, I bought myself 4 nice dresses this week! So happy! Yey! Freedom from that little black dress! Yey!



Now, reread what i wrote above. And change dress into this man Ive loved for a long time. And the nice dresses I bought for the "new men" in my life now. Hahaha. Freedom! Intoxicatingly liberating! Yey!

No comments: