Sunday, April 6, 2008

Happy Spring Festival

Yey, yey. Im so HAPPY today! My good Japanese friend, Kaori, invited me and my friends to their yearly Spring Festival event. This is my 3rd time to go to this event. Kaori's place is a great place for Cherry Blossom Leaves viewing....called hanami in japanese...
Her family prepares a lot of food and there's a lot of traditional Japanese events going on.

Here are some pictures from the Shimoyoneda Spring Festival last year...2007...






One of the main events is the ShiShi dance(or prayer maybe)...a kind of Japanese animal (3 men are running it). They usually run after CUTE(hahaha) girls and "bite " them. The girls run around the field to avoid being bitten. The previous year, and while drinking sake with my friends on the field, I was bitten. Unlike other girls, I didnt try to escape. i was quite drunk so I didnt have the energy to escape. hahaha.

After I was bitten, I was told by the old Japanese people around me that I'll be very lucky and happy the whole year. It's one of the "gifts" of being bitten by the Shishi.

True enough...my year was very good last year. i was very happy,lucky, and very blessed last year. Thanks to God, of course. And maybe, the Shishi bite helped too. hahaha.

This year, i was very excited to go to the festival. Mainly because It's the cherry blossoms season again and this might be my last Spring in Gifu. I was also excited because i know that Kaori's family was going to prepare delicious, expensive food again. AND, there's theSshishi bite again. Hahaha.

I was standing in the field when the ceremony started. A lot of old men were telling me to get out of the way....to hide...coz the ShiShi might chase me. I told them, It's fine. I want luck and happiness again! Hahaha. true enough, the shi shi bit me again! This time, they were quite aggressive. i fell on the ground, with a man on top of me! uh-oh. I was conscious because i was wearing a skirt.

Some pictures from the festival this year.


But things turned out to be okay. i have a sore bum now. but Im happy! The Shishi bit me. Contrary to what my Japanese Feng Shui says, and because I have faith in my God, I know this year will be a lucky and happy year for me again! Yey!

No comments: